Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cecilia's New House

Kind of ironic that we probably never mentioned we bought a condo in all the writing on this blog, but we closed about three weeks ago on our first house. We took Cecilia over here a bunch of times before we moved in to get her used to it, but were still really worried about the big day. When I was here with her and I would say, "this is Cecilia's new house" she would get mad and say emphatically, "No!".

So moving day was a pain, but nothing out of the ordinary. I had set a goal for myself to have her room reasonably set up by the time she got home. By 4 o'clock the movers had left, I had eaten a late lunch, showered, and was ready to try and squeeze in a nap before I had to pick her up. But I got a second wind and remembered my pledge so made her room presentable and put a bunch of her toys and other familiar objects in the play room.

When we got here, she didn't react too much since she had visited several times already and I kept telling her I had a big surprise. I lead her into the playroom and it was really funny - she looked around and saw all her toys and seemed confused for a moment...and then just sat down and started playing with everything. Eventually I lead her into her room in the back and she saw the big bear and her animals and gave them a big hug as usual, as if nothing was different at all.

She slept great that first night and really every night since, today she actually didn't get up until almost 730. Her new room is a bit darker and much quieter so I guess that is making the difference. The place is still a huge mess and we're only maybe 1/4 unpacked, but she has adjusted really well. She LOVES having a bathtub, it's hard to get her out of there she enjoys it so much.

I'll post pictures soon.

1 comment: