Monday, August 2, 2010

Backup Daycare

Tajamina was on vacation last week so we took Cecilia to the "backup daycare center" at Mass General. It's designed for employee-parents who need a temporary place to leave their children, which is a really great benefit for anyone with kids if you think about it. It was certainly a nice place with friendly staff, but...Cecilia was NOT happy to be left with a bunch of strangers.

Everyone morning she would cry terribly and cling to me before I left - it was pretty heart-wrenching. Real tears streaming down her face as she held on fiercely and I would eventually have to literally tear her away from me. After the first day she was fine after I left but still it was a really terrible way to start the day for both of us.

She seemed very excited to see Tahamina this morning and I kept telling her she was going to see Na Na. She actually found the suntan lotion and brought it to me put on her, which is incredible because she hates it, and was pushing on the door trying to get out while I was looking for keys, etc. So it was a bit of a let down when we got there and she was very tentative, Tahamina said she looked worried that she would leave again. Anyway at least there were no tears and things are getting back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment