Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snowtubing

Two weeks ago we went snowtubing in Connecticut with Annemarie, Paul, Nicholas, and Caroline, and also Ines, Sanjeev and Sydney! I was a little worried that it was going to be too cold, but I figured it would be worth trying, even if we only stayed out for 45 minutes. The kids ended up loving it!!! Especially the older kids. We bought a 3 hour pass, and were out there almost 4 hours (they let us go longer since they saw how much fun we were having), with only a little 20-30 minute break.

This is my favorite picture from the weekend:


The entire set can be found here.

We all started out a little tentatively, but pretty soon, I was sending Cecilia and Nicholas down first in their double tube, and then going after them in my single tube and trying to hit them on purpose. They said they were the pins and I was the bowling ball. I would hit them with quite a bit of force and send them careening up the bank! A little scary, but as long as they stayed in their tube they didn't get hurt.

Cecilia and Nicholas were best buddies the whole trip. Here's a video of one of the early double tubes they took down together. Pretty tame in comparison to what came later.



The next day we went swimming in the hotel pool, and finished off our trip with lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a fantastic weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment